Saturday, January 15, 2005

...The 4-1-1

Here's what's going on:

Half of the time, I notice that I'm just dead-weight when everybody that I chill with is around so, I figured out that I need to get away from them for a while OR start saying stupid shit. Not for a cry of attention thing...but eh...just to say that I exist.

I hate my job. I know I need to get a new one because:
  1. I get paid $6.50 an hour.
  2. I'm one of a few that actually does work for Athletics. It makes the $6.50 for others a cake-walk.
  3. The higher ups treat me like shit at times (especially when I've been doing this job longer than they have even been employed at Poly)
  4. I ain't getting no where and I still need cash.
  5. I need to do something with money. Not to see it vanish.

I'm thinking about taking Andrew's advice and just go to Admissions for a job. It means that hey, if I leave Athletics, Betty and Piotr will get more hours; if I land one of those roaming tour guide jobs, the hours are more flexible I heard. It means I have more of a shot to earn some cash at $10 per hour. I know it's capped at pretty much $400 per month, but I make $400 per 8 weeks at Athletics...$400 for 4 weeks is an definite improvement. If not, I probably will have to wait until baseball season ends in the beginning of May, and then pray to god Athletics gives me extra hours during Finals and Mini-sessions. Baseball season is going to take every single waking moment from me to actually work in the gym and the fitness center, and forget about working volleyball and basketball games.

Not to mention, I won't see most of my friends either. Since nobody goes to a Poly baseball games, except for some of the baseball players families (well, not mine for one), once baseball is in full gear, I won't see you all to May. Click Here for the Poly Baseball Schedule:

It also means this summer, I'm looking for a real job too. Something that pays $20.00 an hour, or the like. This means I must put up a resume that not only kicks ass, but says hire me, because I whore myself out to employers like that.

I was going to say something about my personal personal life...but I'll pass this time..I need to keep somethings with privy anyhow. Time for me to cook my own dinner and do things that I have to do...which I'll probably neglect anyway. Peace.


No comments: