Tuesday, January 13, 2009

AoL

It's been a long long time that I've done any blogging of any kind (See Xanga: A Rose Grown From Concrete), and may be that's more than my fault than anything else. Lately, I have been feeling inclined to keep things private to a lot of people, including my own family.

Here's the things that are affecting me since after Thanksgiving 2008:
  • I lost my job on December 9, 2008

  • Found out my grand ma "Mother Rose" is very ill.

  • Went to Jamaica to say farewell to her. (Hopefully I'm wrong on that)

  • Going to take some time off from school to figure where am I going?

Losing my job started to put a lot of things into perspective. I never got depressed, but part of my life after December 15, became very depressing-like after my first interview. I only looked at jobs intermittently since then, when I found out at the same time, Mother Rose was very ill, she had surgery, and many family members had written her off to die. It took my mom and brother a while to get their passports, but we eventually went to see her.

Losing my job also meant I could not return to school next semester. It also meant I needed to start paying off bills as soon as possible. I cleared out most of my debts, but I have to let clear that now I need to start paying off loans. I don't know how long, or if I will ever complete my degree. I put it in perspective, where am I ending up in life.

Am I...
  1. going to be in an HR or HR-like profession where I can put my skills to use?

  2. going to work in the financial industry, and get my certifications there?

  3. to completely open myself up and go into a new field such as healthcare administration, or something else?

This is the dilemma of being too talented. You know too much and it gets you into trouble. I can only follow my heart, and whatever decision I wind up, I know I would be happy with it. I'm doing the same thing again, sending my resume to see where I fit, and if it's in Finance or Human Resources, I can make those entirely more specific.

In the meanwhile, I refuse (whether out of love or blindness) to write my Mother Rose for dead. Her illness, I think can be treatable, even in Jamaica. Although things have seem depressing with my daily waking up late in the morning, or sometime in the afternoon, I don't feel depressed and I love my Munchkin to death. I try to keep in touch with Norm as much as possible, even playing World of Warcraft (on Gorgonash, Arcimonde and Burning Blade) with Norm and hunniebunny) and I keep myself going out ever so often, such as Bowling on New Year's Eve and my fiancee's co-workers "I Can't Believe She Said Yes!" party this coming Friday.

I just want to let everyone know that although a lot of bad things have happened, you should all know, I have not written myself off for dead, and life (as complicated as it is) is still fully enjoyable. To quote my former supervisor, Sam Delgado, "Tomorrow is another day."

I'm looking forward to tomorrow.

No comments: